Summary of job function:
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall operations of the Warehouse, overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide range of goods.
- Have a clear understanding of Warehouse operations.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods.
- The efficient utilization of space and handling of equipment.
- Liaising with customers/suppliers ensuring the quality delivery service of goods.
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Producing regular reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene in the work environment; ensuring that stocks are stored safely.
- Overseeing the maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in a warehouse environment at least three (3) of which is at a managerial level.
- A Diploma in Warehouse Management or Logistics Management will be required.
- Must have excellent knowledge of warehousing methods.
- Working knowledge of the principles of supervision.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices and safety precautions.
- Dynamic and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite.