Western Scientific Company Limited (WSCL) is seeking to recruit a dynamic, result-driven individual to fill the position of General Sales Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan for Business Development and Sales Force Development.
The GSM will be required to develop a business model as it relates to the sales function of the company and establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for each unique sales division. The individual’s goal will be to manage the sales team of seven (7) divisions and to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the territories.
The preferred candidate must be able to develop and achieve outstanding quality and customer service through building and maintaining strong customer relationships and actively building networks. He/She should be a proactive individual with the ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations and handle delicate matters, whilst maintaining confidentiality. The incumbent should be a people-oriented individual and a team player.
- Recommend, develop, budget and implement plans and programs that will lead to the growth and profitability of the company
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing sales and marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met
- Continually study the profitability, demand and potential of existing and new products
- Implement initiatives to increase our market share with existing products
- Monitor local and regional sales to ensure optimum sales coverage of all territories are achieved
- Recommend, develop and implement new sales and marketing initiatives, strategies and programs for the seven (7) sales divisions
- Review and implement appropriate processes and procedures to establish efficient and effective work flow
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories
- Develop and implement a national sales program by developing field sales action plans
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company's relationship with them
- Provide daily report of field sales success and communicate VOC data to superiors
- Continually assess current business distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans
- Maintain data relative to clients, partners, accounts and activities and document customer interactions
- Prepare and provide reports as required, give feedback on market intelligence and competition
- Analyze competitor activities in the region and assess opportunities for business development
- Represent the organization at trade shows and events
- Assist with special projects or any other duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A first degree in Science and an MBA or related post-graduate degree preferably in Marketing
- At least fifteen (15) years’ sales and marketing experience and must have a proven record of successfully managing a Sales Team
- Experience with both CRM and ERM packages
- The ability to travel overseas on short notice
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must possess a good working vehicle and a valid Driver’s Permit.
- Responsible for budgeting, strategic account planning and basic understanding of financial statements
- 5 years of experience managing a B2B sales force
- Experience in driving regional and national business.
- Must be a recognized top-performer, high-energy, have a winning attitude and strong goal-orientation with ability to coach a team
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to interact with other business units and other members of the team in a professional and effective manner
- Strong organizational skills, reliable, autonomous and ability to prioritize multiple job requests
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties
- Ability to function as part of the management team of the business, demonstrating the Company’s values and taking ownership for contributing towards the execution of the Company’s vision and strategies
- Must possess the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Ability to effectively manage the Sales Team
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.