Victoria University of Barbados
Victoria University of Barbados School of Medicine (VUB) is seeking to fill the position of Dean - Academics.
VUB is an academic institution which seeks to train students to become conscientious, competent, innovative and technologically driven medical physicians.
The Academic Dean will participate in the, hiring and firing faculty members and coordinating the development of and implementation of the college's Vision and Mission Statement.
The Dean will coordinate the development and implementation of the schools’ vision and goals statement and will also oversee the education and research programs as well as clinical engagement partnerships with local and international healthcare agencies.
- Post graduate qualifications in any discipline of medicine from any WDOMS listed and locally recognised Medical School or Institute
- A minimum of a master’s degree in higher education administration or related field.
- A doctoral degree (MD/MBBS) is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a member of faculty in any medical school or schools with five years teaching experience.
- Heads of departments will be given preference
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of and Training in IT
- A job description with specific requirements will be provided
- There will be a six-month probation period
- Emoluments, Perks and Privileges will be negotiated
- A goal-oriented, self-motivated team-player
- Strong leadership, decision making and communication skills
- Adaptability and Innovation
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service