Legal and Compliance Officer
HRplus Software Limited
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE OFFICER
- HRplus, Trinidad
HRplus is seeking to hire an apt and dynamic candidate who will function as the Legal and Compliance Officer and will amongst other things be responsible for the reviewing of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance. A key element of this compliance is with the data protection laws in all jurisdictions in which HRplus has customers.
The Legal and Compliance Officer will report to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Review of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance with these
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation
- Ensuring compliance with best practices
- Participate in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein
- Carry out review of Contracts and SLA Agreements to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated
- Any other duties as required by the CEO.
- Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, data protection authorities, bankers and shareholders in the jurisdictions in which HRplus does business.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Liaison with all the service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- A qualified attorney at law.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with at least 3 years compliance experience preferably within the realm of intellectual property and data protection law.
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Experience of developing and managing compliance monitoring programmes.
- Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels.
- Being Bi-Lingual (English-Spanish) would be an asset.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service