Summary of job function:Refrigeration technician is responsible for performing installation of refrigeration systems, troubleshooting mechanical failures, and performing equipment maintenance. The technician will also be required to advise on equipment upgrades and alternative units.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles, maintains and repairs refrigeration and AC devices according to their specifications such as, refrigerated laboratory equipments, industrial equipments, commercial equipments, residential equipments and ultra low freezers
- Diagnoses and solves system and equipment malfunctions by making repairs or replacements in accordance to the system’s technical specifications or requirements.
- Accurately documents all delays, repairs and completion of work.
- Research and advise on parts required to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Create and work alongside clients to schedule routine checks and servicing.
- Maintains good professional relationship with fellow co-workers and vendors.
- Maintains a safe workspace and test equipment.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a basic understanding of electromechanical devices and principles.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Adhere to proper safety rules and regulations.
- Customer focus oriented.
- Must have a Diploma in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Must have at least three to four (3-4) years experience in refrigeration and air condition services or in a related technical field.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical instructions
- Must have experience in HVAC units.
- Any equivalent combination of training and qualification in the related field.
- Position involves active work including lifting, bending, walking and standing for considerable lengths of time.
- Manual dexterity required - ability to use common hand tools and small power equipment.