The Business Analyst provides business information by various models of analysis to support both strategic and operational decision making within Massy Distribution through the effective use of information systems. The individual will be required to identify business needs, evaluate and propose solutions to improve and/or solve business problems in consultation with stakeholders. This will require but is not limited to assessments of process improvement, organizational change and policy development.
The organisation remains committed to creating value and transforming lives through a spirit of service. All activities must therefore conform to the policies, procedures and customer service standards set by the organisation and to all legal and statutory requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Undertakes and provides analysis of the Operational activity of the business highlighting strengths and weaknesses along with suggestions for improvements.
- Interprets and analyses data extracted from various information systems across the different departments.
- Performs trend analysis and other forms of analyses to identify joint opportunities, areas of synergy and best practices.
- Coordinates research initiatives (e.g. consumer, market) involving quantitative and qualitative analysis required to support strategic decisions.
- Undertakes financial analysis particularly in investment appraisal.
- Supports the preparation of high impact presentations/documentation on the assessment of investments as required.
- Provides support for the preparation of annual budget reviews, strategy reviews and quarterly or monthly business reviews.
- Partners cross-functionally within IRBU Line of Business to provide analytical support for special projects.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and analysis particularly for areas of concern.
- Assist in other areas of work based on the needs of the department and any other area as necessary in support of Company activities.
- All responsibilities and accountabilities must be executed in accordance with the company’s Customer Service Management System (CSMS), Quality Health and Safety Environment (QHSE) and Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) policies and practices.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of retail, distribution, logistics and consumer finance industries.
- Knowledge and understanding of the economies in the Caribbean and Latin American region.
- Strong financial and quantitative analysis skills.
- Proficient at critical, creative thinking and be detail-oriented.
- Strong market research capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to travel.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a quantitative discipline.
- Master’s Degree in a related field would be considered an asset.
- Experience as an Analyst with exposure to strategic planning would be considered an asset.
- Experience in managing change and multiple projects.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office; specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Proficient in the use of visualization software (e.g. MS Visio, SmartDraw, think-cell).