We want you to “Grow Your Career” with us
The Internal Auditor’s main responsibilities are to collaborate with all the functional areas of the business with all levels of employees from the most senior executive to the line level. The incumbent is required to perform a full audit cycle of Couples Resorts hotels and any other subsidiary. Other responsibilities include risk assessment of all aspects of the business including but not limited to enterprise risk management (ERM), risk-based internal audit and operational controls, assessment of operational efficiency and effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with processes, directives and regulations at all times.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the Internal Auditor are to:
- Manage and provide efficient, prompt, trouble-free, courteous and quality accounting service
- Determine with the Board of Directors the internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Identify gaps and recommend risk mitigation measures and cost savings initiatives.
- Analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, policies, operating procedures, etc.
- Prepare and present audit report and document process
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor the resorts’ management’s progress and performance
- Notifies the Financial Controller and Cost Controller regarding gaps and breaches identified.
- Fully understands the hotel’s policies and procedures as it relates to, health and safety, fire, emergency response, disaster management and business recovery
- Monitor Health, Safety and Loss Prevention Audits and ensure a rigorous process is in place to measure and validate the effectiveness of the Health, Safety and Loss Prevention process
- Follows appropriate procedures to develop appropriate guidelines for risk mitigation as it relates to loss prevention, health and safety of the resorts' management accounts/finance.
The ideal candidate must have:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with Professional Designation in Auditing or Accounting, such as:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA – Canada)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
This should include at least 3 years in a Senior Auditing position in a hospitality environment or 5 years in any other industry or,
Master’s degree in accounting with at least 5 years in a senior auditing position.
The candidate must have a professional certification/designation in Accounting and/or Auditing.
Are you the right person?
Then submit your application and resume online:
by Sept. 16, 2022
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service