Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily processing of information from Audit Packs – ensuring that information balances. Verification of postings in Opera and entry of data of Front Desk Takings in excel sheet. Provision of weekly summary excel sheets to Accounting Manager.
- Verification of Direct Bills for onward transmission to Clients.
- Daily processing of information from Restaurants’ Sales Summary Slips. Verification of Sales Information (Revenue, VAT, Service Charge, Cash and Point of Sales settlements) with postings from Micros in data entry of information in excel sheet. Provision of weekly summary excel sheets to Accounting Manager.
- Data entry of restaurant checks for Managers’ meals, complimentary items and staff query items in excel sheet. Verification that data entered matched postings in Opera. Provision of monthly summary to Accounting Manager.
- Data entry of point of sales (POS) transactions from POS terminals at Front office and Restaurants for monthly submission to Accounting Manager.
- Conducting spot checks of cash floats, lobby shop, restaurants’ stock and other areas as assigned.
- Assists Accounts Payables Clerk with verification (‘call-back’) procedures of requisitioned stock items by each department in the Hotel.
- Removal of depositary envelopes from Hotel safe in joint custody with another accounts team member for onward submission to Banks via G4S Secure solutions Ltd.
- Data entry of (American Airlines) AA Advantage Miles to guests’ AA miles accounts. Assist with guests’ queries regarding allocation of AA miles.
- Assist with month end stock count exercise in each department.
- Process fortnightly payroll and prepare relevant reports on time
- Collect, review, and accurately enter data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Upload batches to bank for payroll
- Communicate and liaise with HR as necessary to resolve any payroll issues or obtain missing information
- Resolve any payroll errors as promptly and efficiently as possible
- Communicate with Management in a timely manner any concerns/issues related to health and safety
- Report any health and safety concerns/issues to Management and/or HSE Committee.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Filing – Audit packs, Sales Summary Slips and supplier invoices/cheques.
- Follow all fire, health and safety regulations as they relate to the Accounts Department
- Report any injuries, accidents or health and safety concerns to the Manager/Supervisor or HSE Committee
- Perform any other duties as required by the Manager/Supervisor
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Pursuing ACCA level 1
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of the GP Dynamics program
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite