Summary of job function:To produce drawings, layouts and site plans of engineering designs using the computer-aided design software, as well as prepare preliminary drafts of projects, determine its feasibility, applications and generate accurate and detailed records of engineering data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Use project specifications, detailed drawings, and verbal instructions from the Coordinator to complete assignments.
- Operate AutoCAD to create, evaluate, and ensure that designs are created according to specifications for conducting benchmark studies, evaluating quality, and performing take-offs.
- Develop and draft engineering drawings and plans, draft contractual documents and generate correspondence for clients and managers.
- Maintain dynamic communication with contractors, clients, engineers and the general public for any architectural, engineering or construction issues and also new probable leads.
- Perform fieldwork, documentation, research and drafting operations of engineering data as requested by clients or managers.
- Ensure to conduct the costings of projects, invoicing to clients and payments from time to time.
- Ensure to order merchandise which may be needed for projects.
- Review maps and drawings to ensure that field and technical data is recorded and taken into account.
- Maintain an organized work area, filing system, E-mail inbox, and action list ensuring that goals and activities are completed on time.
- Maintain up to date working and technical knowledge of all procedural and improvement changes to computer hardware and software applications.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assist with the delivery and installation of furniture.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to plan and organize and prioritize.
- Ability to fully understand and follow highly complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions to improving customer satisfaction.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the work flow of projects.
- 5 - CXC Level subjects (Incl. Mathematics & English.
- Certificate in AutoCAD from a recognized institution.
- Computer literate – Microsoft.
- 2 years’ work experience, drawing / draughting field will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve service problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Relationship builder.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature in an office environment.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, on-site inspections/visits.