Technical Documentation Specialist
HRplus Software Limited
The Technical Documentation Specialist (TDS) is responsible for writing all system software documentation including release notes, user manuals and “How-To’s”, interface documents, customizations, reports, and reference guides. He/she must maintain the standards and follow the processes and procedures of HRplus Software. The TDS must have excellent soft skills, communication etiquette (written, verbal, and listening), and hard skills, be proficient in using a Personal Computer, and the MS Office suite, and be able to learn new systems and tools, with the goal of continuous documentation and user manual creation for the HRplus Software application.
- Maintain a record of all corrections and revisions to documentation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders with regard to documenting subject material
- Document customer-specific manuals/customisations
- Edit and proof-read documentation for accuracy before delivery
- Recommend improvements to documentation based on user feedback and own initiative
- Standardise documents
- Display consistent time-management ability to ensure on-time delivery of documents
- Comply with document control management processes and procedures
- Work directly with the Application Development team to organize and produce release notes on a continuous basis for the HRplus Software application.
- Work directly with training officers to help organize and produce user manuals on a continuous basis for the HRplus Software application.
- Work directly with Project Implementation Team to help organize and produce client manuals (edited user manuals)
- Work with other departments to help organize and produce documentation templates.
- Work with other departments to help organize and produce internal process documentation according to documentation standards.
- Organize and provide improved documentation templates.
- Organize, enhance, and improve the current user manual portal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to comprehend, assimilate and document software applications
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Ability to edit, proof-read and implement in-line changes
- Understanding of technical writing conventions
- Ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex technical data
- Advanced documentation layout and formatting skills
- Extensive experience Microsoft Office and documentation standards
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to translate technical jargon into user friendly documentation
- Ability to adapt to and learn new applications
- Ability to multitask
- Must be a highly-motivated and intelligent individual
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Management or Computer Science
- Certification/experience in Business Process Mapping
- 1-2 years of full-time work experience directly related to developing technical and/or software system documentation
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service