Marketing & Research Officer (Banking Sector)
Overview: Our client is one of the leading Financial Service organizations in Barbados. Due to restructuring, they have an opening for a proven Marketing/Research Officer to provide professional expertise and support to the Business Development and Marketing team.
The role is vital to setting the research agenda and will be carrying out quantitative and qualitative research projects regarding the market feasibility of products and services and environmental changes and their potential impact on the company operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop the appropriate research methodology in design, data collection, data analysis, and the interpretation and presentation of research and evaluation results to assist the team in establishing or improving products and services aligned with the Business Development and Marketing strategic goals and objectives.
• In consultation with the management of the Business Development & Marketing division, identify priority areas of research activities and specifications.
• Implement and evaluate research projects.
• Develop a thorough understanding of relevant research areas using a variety of methods.
• Identify innovative research themes related to the organization’s core interests.
• Promote the appropriate use of research data to inform decision making.
• Co-ordinate all research activities, strategies and the implementation of the organizations research agenda and strategies.
• Maintain research and evaluation documentation, literature, forms, data, and databases in a manner that is secure (especially where data is confidential), and conducive to the efficient retrieval and revision of content.
• Provide research support as required by special projects managers.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field from a recognised institution.
• 3 years related experience or master’s degree with a concentration in research methodology and analysis.
• Knowledgeable in research methodology.
• Good analytical/critical thinking.
• Knowledge of project management.
• Proven interpersonal and collaborative skills in achieving research outcomes.
• Proven knowledge of data collection methods.
• Demonstrated ability and potential for excellence and productivity in research.
• Proficiency in data analysis tools and statistical applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of office software (word processing, spreadsheets,
• Presentation software, databases, and communications).