Accounting Officer (Banking Sector)
Our client is one of the leading Financial Service organizations in Barbados. Due to internal promotions, they have an opening for a proven Accounting Officer to join the existing team and perform a variety of accounting duties including clerical, assisting with payables, receivables and general ledger activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To perform responsible accounting and routine clerical functions as well as duties involved in processing and maintaining vital records.
• Send invoices to departments for approval.
• Prepare automated transfers and manual cheques; contact the relevant staff members for collection.
• Ensure that expenditure data is posted to General Ledger (G/L).
• Enter accounts payable expenditures into the financial system.
• Assist in reconciling general ledger to various expenditure reports.
• Maintain accounts payable files with related documentation.
• Input approved documents into A/P system to ensure timely payment of all items.
• Processing of bank drafts/transfers
• Manage the weekly cheque run and mailing of cheques.
• Prepare, post, tabulate, compare and verify financial and statistical data.
• Prepare Bank Reconciliations as required.
• Handle petty cash and petty cash related transactions, issues receipts and balances petty cash fund; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles petty cash reports.
• Prepare routine entries and posts financial transactions relating to investments, VAT, receivables and payables; reconciles entries to ledger.
• Disburse funds by preparing and issuing checks for authorized signatures.
• Prepare weekly payroll as per the agreed standard.
• Update general ledger.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or related field; along with 3 years’ related experience.
• Part Qualified ACCA an advantage.
• At least 3 years work experience in a financial institution with a combination of education and on-the-job training.
• Proficient in use of computer applications in particular Microsoft Office Suite.
• Effective project management skills.
• Strong technological and analytical skills are required